Saturday, April 27, 2013

Resting at home on Saturday morning, having a cup of strong coffee and reliving the ride.  This really is one of those "Bucket List" things for me.  I am not sure what is the most attractive in the adventure; Walk-about aspects of being by myself to think about the challenges and wonderful things that have been laid at my feet, spending entire days on my motorcycle, meeting new people, seeing new things, or just proving I can do it.  The randomness of the trip was very important, not knowing where I will end up each day.  It was great to have the technology to stop at a gas station, fire up the iPhone and find the nearest inexpensive hotel then call and make reservation.  The AMA and AAA discounts were very valuable!

But it is great to be home. Soaked in the tub last night, and then crawled in my own bed.  What a great way to end the trip. 

Here are some misc pictures and the route I took.  Each star represents were I ended up spending the night.


And a few miscellaneous pictures



Views like this were commonplace, but far from common!



Ohio River as I took a short rest.


This is a Red Roof Inn!  Really!!!  $40/night
Kicking back after 400 miles.  Far better than pitching a tent!



No comments: