Monday, April 22, 2013

Getting ready

 Went to sleep last night, thinking about my upcoming trip.  Get up at 7:30, have a leisurely cup of coffee and breakfast. Go to the dentist at 9:00, and then pack and head out for a week of riding. Relaxing, relaxing, relaxing....

Then reality hit...

Woke up this morning, looked at the clock and it was 8:35!!!  I overslept!!!! My dentist appt was in 25 minutes!!!!  I rushed through shower, and other morning routines. I got dressed, and went downstairs to put on my boots.  Whew!! Checked the clock on the cable box.  I did all my morning routine in about 10 mins!  I had 15 minutes to get to the dental appointment, and I rushed out the door!  I made it to the dentist 5 mins before the top of the hour!!!

As I pulled into the parking lot, i saw no...NO...cars in the front parking lot. I look at the truck's clock.  Clearly I forgot to reset it with the time change since it said it said 7:55. Made a mental note to reset the clock.  Looked at my watch.  7:55...Oh dang...I am an hour early!!!!

 I am now back from dentist, sore gums, but all good.  Having a couple cups of coffee and then pack and head out!  Look out drivers, here I come!
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Update. 
  • Headed out, and immediately found that I needed to stop for fuel. Stop at gas station...
  • After fueling up, I remembered I forgot my medication (I am diabetic).  Turn around...
  • Leave again...and then could not remember packing my iPhone (my primary contact with the rest of the world). Stopped, checked out all the packing places on my bike.  No phone.  Turn around.
  • Spent about an hour or more looking for phone through bike, house, garage, bedroom.... before remembering I took it to the dentist in the morning, and left it in the truck!
By this time, I was frustrated, hot, frustrated, sweaty, frustrated ... and did I mention frustrated? I decided that it was best NOT to get on the road in that state of mind. So now I am ready to take off first thing in the morning, rested, and not frustrated.  Crossing the Ohio River in Maysville (at least that is my current thoughts!)





No comments: