Monday, June 7, 2010

Another 100 miles

On the early news, they have the "2-Minute Mechanic" who shows things that people should look out for on their cars. Today, he talked about "Jax Wax" products - something I have NEVER seen him do. He was head-over-heals over the products.

I did a quick search and found the company at www.jaxwax.com. Dropped them a note about what would they recommend for a motorcycle. Within minutes, they sent a message back with a phone number indicating I should call and they have exactly what I need. Thinking that I would get the $100 package recommendation, I gave him a call. Instead, he suggested one of their lowest cost products, and said that is all that I would need! We talked more, and he also gave me an alternative suggestion if I wanted to go with a little more flexible solution for both wet and dry cleaning/waxing.

It was such a beautiful day today, and I just had to get out and enjoy the day. So around 1:00, I jumped on the motorcycle and headed off to pick up the product. It was a little hard to find, and found that he was a very small business (but with a successful history). Also found out that he was out of the building and no one else was there! CRAP. Well, I called him and he is sending me the product I wanted to buy, covering the shipping costs! HOW COOL IS THAT! I am hoping the product is as good as his customer focus!

In the same area was a couple cool things. The H2 was mod'ed out for Big Star promotional activity. The building was an old Railroad station that had been converted to a bar/carry out.



Ran around for about 100 miles. It was good, but not great. I had to run through a lot of high traffic areas. I hate the busy areas where cars just do not pay attention to their driving, and stop-and-go traffic.

No comments: